In the latest news from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) on Tuesday, it revealed that the 2017 Electrical Engineer Licensure Examination topnotcher is from the Mindanao State University in General Santos City.
He is no other than Kent Meyler Malones Samaranos and out of 994 passers; he topped the board exam with a score of 90.90. This is probably the first time that the top licensure examinee is outside the National Capital Region (NCR).
The total number of the examinees is 2,213 and they took the exams in the different designated venues such as in Baguio City, Manila, Cebu City, Cagayan de Oro City, Davao City, Legazpi City, Iloilo City, Lucena City and in Tacloban City this month. The Board of Electrical Engineering of the PRC administered the examination.
Besides Samaranos, the other examinees in the top 10 passers include:
- 2nd – David Dela Cruz Florez from the Far Eastern University – Institute of Technology and Jenny Rose Vergara Repollo from UP – Los Baños who are tied with 90.50 scores.
- 3rd – Brian Baltazar Balmores from UP – Los Baños – 89.90 score.
- 4th – Vincent Habig Dimayacyac from UP – Diliman and Chris Lloyd Raynoza Lajara from Technological University of the Philippines – Taguig who are tied with 89.75 scores.
- 5th – John Raymond Boctuanon Lumawag from UP – Los Baños – 88.90 score.
- 6th – Jade Mark Jao Talaboc from Mindanao State University – General Santos and Harold Gil Singson Navarrete from Mapua Institute of Technology – Manila who are tied with 88.85 scores.
- 7th – Kyle Uy Vosotros from UP – Los Baños – 88.80 score.
- 8th – Ramon Ecleo Ednalaga from UP – Los Baños – 88.75 score.
- 9th – Francis Jorge Taganahan Lomaad from UP – Los Baños – 88.70 score.
- 10th – Earl Olinski Balmadres Flores from Mindanao State University and Ronald Ian Borja from Technological University of the Philippines – Taguig who are tied with 88.65 scores.
The PRC likewise announced that the registration to issue the Professional Identification Cards (IDs) as well as registration of Certificates will be on May 3-5, 2017. It is important for all passers to transact online by visiting the official website of the commission.
Source of info: PRC